Traditionally, the pilothouse boat market has had two segments: A “comfort” segment for daytrips, weekend trips and excursions, and a tougher segment for watersports, fishing and transport. Previously, pilothouse boats have been designed for one of these two segments, but never before for both. The Parker Explorer MAX is an excellent design for both segments – allowing the customer to adapt the boat to different applications in just minutes.
The 920 Explorer MAX for daytrips, weekends on the water and excursions
- The 920 Explorer MAX has the same forecabin and pilothouse design as its sister boat, the 790 Explorer, and can be fitted to provide all the comforts you need for overnight stays in a boat – including a soft top so you can make the most of sunny days.
- The aft deck is much larger than competing boats, with more deck area than our largest daycruiser, the 850 Voyager. No other pilothouse boat can offer as much seating, spacious table and sun loungers on the aft deck as the 920 Explorer MAX.
- The boat also has a 150-litre ice box on the aft deck to keep both crew and passengers refreshed. It can be also used as a fish tank.
- The aft deck furnishings are module-based so each customer can choose exactly which modules they want fitted. The modules can also be moved around at any time and can be removed from the aft deck to leave even more space for fishing and transport.
The 920 Explorer MAX as a fishing and transport boat
- The aft deck is separated from the aft platform with a watertight door so you can drive astern into waves without your wake and waves washing over the aft deck. The aft platform is spacious and there is plenty of room to walk from port to starboard side.
- The boat is fitted as standard with a 150-litre ice or fish tank.
- The aft deck is unrivalled when it comes to size in this segment. The normal dimensions of an aft deck on pilothouse boats of this size is approx. 4 m2. The aft deck on the 920 Explorer MAX is 33% larger and measures a total 5.3 m2.
- Aft of the aft deck is a spacious platform with plenty of room to walk from port to starboard side.
- The aft deck has all the fittings required to install a pump for the water hose, fish tanks, circulation pumps, net, pot and line haulers, transforming the boat into a purely working and fishing machine.
- Using the module system, you can very simply reconfigure your fishing boat to a comfortable touring boat with a social and comfortable aft deck for the entire family in a matter of minutes.
Hull, comfort and fuel economy
- We have continued to build upon the successful hull concept developed for the 790 Explorer, and have designed the 920 Explorer MAX with a completely new and optimised two-step hull, with integrated engine bracket and deep V-shaped hull.
- The increased length and weight of this boat compared to the 790 Explorer provides for even greater comfort and eliminates almost the entire planing threshold, reducing the need for engine power, increasing top end speeds rand improving fuel economy.
Single or twin outboard
- The traditional perception in the boat market is that outboard boats longer than 9 metres need twin outboards for optimal performance, due to unsophisticated, poorly balanced and old-fashioned hull designs.
- Thanks to the well-balanced hull and highly modern two-step hull technology and integrated engine bracket, the 920 Explorer MAX has high level performance with either a single outboard or twin installation.
- Powered by Mercury’sV8400HP, this boat can reach speeds of 40 knots with a good margin.
- The engines below are available with the 920 Explorer MAX:
- Mercury V8 400HP Max. speed with light load Approx. 41 knots
- 2 x Mercury V8 200HP Max. speed with light load Approx. 43 knots
- Standard tank size is 230 litres
- You can order an extra 230-litre tank giving a total fuel volume of 460 litres